Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Alphatraveler travels...
I just wanted to share some of my experiences with other nurses. This seems like a quick easy way to do it. ;)
I currently am a traveler on the week-ends. I do agency or per-diem work. I have traveled all over Washington and Oregon states from Centralia to Medford on the west side and Kennewick to Baker City on the east side of the two states. One of my personal favorites was Hepner. Hepner has a population of about 1500 people and features a public hospital that serves the county. Pioneer Memorial hospital has 10 beds with a 20 bed nursing home in the basement. One of the things I noticed right off the bat at Pioneer is that everyone pitches in and helps! I was just arriving on a 12 hour night shift and discovered we had a critical patient in the ER. The DNS showed up and helped me triage the ER and stabilize the patient so we could air-ambulance the patient to a larger facility. It just makes for a better day when everyone helps. :)

No comments: