Sunday, September 21, 2003

Wow! I just realized that it has been over a month since I composed my thoughts about travel nursing. I suppose that one might argue that this should really be a blog about agency nurse work. Currently I am taking per diem or casual work, Agency nursing is another title for it. The real pain in the keister about casual work is the high rate of cancellation. Of course, it doesn't help that I am in a part of the world where small rural hospitals are the norm. Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington probably have more coyotes than they do anything else. :) Anyway the trick to working when you get cancelled a lot is to sign up for every available shift you can knowing that 90% of them will get called off anyway. Be ready to plan your week-end on short notice. :)

No comments: